Characterized by its numerous caves and vegetation adapted to the humidity and freshness typical of these gorges.
• Palomera Cave: Visible from La Tallada, it's the largest of them all. It forms a shelter of considerable size: 45m wide entrance, 28m deep, and 17m high. Inside are three areas with cave paintings of which only a few fragments remain. Today, it is equipped with high-difficulty climbing routes.
• Cholito Cave: Halfway down the Fuente Ravine, on the right, there is a modest cave where the Cholito family (village locals) used to keep their livestock. It is now overgrown and hard to access.
Opposite the mouth of the Fuente Ravine, the Vero River takes a turn under a large overhang. In the open area, there is a wide gravel beach, and opposite is the Picamartillo Cave, an interesting cavity formed by water erosion.
It's said that the echoing sounds inside the cave resembled the hammering noises coming from the village's blacksmith shops, hence its unique name.
• Pump House: Built in 1982, it housed a water pump that, through a system of underground pipes from the river (below the Picamartillo Cave) and up the Fuente Ravine (some sections still visible), supplied water to the town during dry months.
It is a barrier that raises the water level to divert it into a channel for use as hydraulic force. On April 11, 1908, authorization was requested to divert 99 liters of water per second from the Vero River for industrial use in Alquézar.
In 1909, the project was approved and construction began on August 1, when the river was at its lowest, to facilitate the work. The dam was raised with concrete, and the channel we see today was built to carry water to the turbines of a mini hydroelectric plant installed in an old mill. A 44m tunnel had to be excavated to reach the machine house.
In September 1912, the new request was approved. The dam increased in size to 5 meters in height. It's evident that a significant part of the lower section was added later if not before. Construction was completed in 1913.
Historical data measured the river flow at that time to assess the feasibility of such increased water collection. And it was feasible.
An impressive geological formation characterized by a succession of large boulders scattered chaotically along the riverbed, hence the name ``boulder chaos.``
Its origin is the detachment of these blocks from the canyon walls. Some theories even suggest they come from the ceiling of an ancient collapsed cave.
Restored today (year 2009), its construction is paired with that of the weir and the channel that supply it with water.
The drop achieved up to the turbine is 18m.
A flood in October 1965 ended its operation. ERZ had already begun supplying energy to Somontano, so it was no longer cost-effective to restore it.